When upgrading to Microsoft Windows 8* from an earlier version of Windows*, you might encounter a message telling you to uninstall Intel wired PROSet for Windows. Because the newer operating system is not supported, you need to remove the application before you upgrade.
How to remove Intel® PROSet for Windows* Device Manager
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall the Intel® Network Connections.
- Click Yes on the User Account Control prompt.
- In the Remove Options screen, uncheck Drivers. This step is required if you want to keep a connection to the network.
- Make sure Intel® PROSet for Windows Device Manager is checked.
- Click Remove
- Click Yes to the question, Are you sure you want to remove the selected components from your computer?
- Click Finish when the completion dialogue appears.
After removing Intel® PROSet for Windows Device Manager, the Windows 8* upgrade compatibility check will no longer block installation.
This applies to: