Beginning with version 15.0 of Intel® Network Connections software you can use the command line utility PROSetCL.exe to configure adapter settings under Windows Server* Core. You can configure adapter settings, teaming, and VLANs from the command line in any version of Microsoft Windows* including core only installations.
Intel® Network Connections software copies PROSetCL.exe to the \Program Files\Intel\DMIX\CL directory when Intel® PROSet for Windows Device Manager* is installed. Use DxSetup.exe to install Intel PROSet using the command line. Installing the Base Driver and Intel® PROSet via the Command Line provides help for command line installation. If you install only the base drivers, prosetcl.exe is not installed. Running DxSetup.exe will install Intel PROSet by default.
Refer to the help file PROSetcl.txt located in the \Program Files\Intel\DMIX\CL directory for basic help using prosetcl.exe.
Configuring a team or VLAN for Hyper-V
To use an ANS Team or VLAN as a Virtual NIC, set up the configuration using prosetcl.exe and nvspbind.exe utilities.
- Use the prosetcl.exe utility to create the team or VLAN. See the prosetcl.txt file for installation and usage details.
- Use the nvspbind.exe utility to unbind the protocols on the team or VLAN.
The following is an example of the steps for setting up the configuration.
- Use prosetcl.exe to create a team.
prosetcl.exe Team_Create 1,2,3 MyNewTeam SFT
- Use nvspbind to get the team GUID.
- Use nvspbind to disable the team bindings.
nvspbind.exe -d aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddddddddddddddd *
- Create the virtual NIC by running a remote Hyper-V manager on a different system. See Microsoft's documentation for instructions on how to do this.
- Use nvspbind to get the Virtual NIC GUID.
- Use nvspbind to enable protocol bindings on the Virtual NIC.
nvspbind.exe -e tttttttt-uuuu-wwww-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ms_netbios
nvspbind.exe -e tttttttt-uuuu-wwww-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ms_tcpip
nvspbind.exe -e tttttttt-uuuu-wwww-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ms_server
Nvspbind.exe (Network virtual service provider bind)
Nvspbind.exe is available for download from the MSDN Code Gallery.
See the version of prosetcl.txt installed with your software for command help.
Power Shell Team Creation Script
Attached is a sample PowerShell script for creating teams. This script:
- Enumerates all the network adapters on the local system
- Creates a team using:
- the first two adapters.
- using Adapter Fault Tolerant (AFT) mode.
- named TEAM1.
You can specify your own value for the team mode and name:
$TeamingMode = 0
$TeamName = "TEAM1"
$TeamingMode specifies the team type or mode:
||Team Mode or Type|
||Adapter Fault Tolerance (AFT)|
||Adaptive Load Balancing (ALB)|
||Static Link Aggregation (SLA)|
||IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation (LAG)|
||Switch Fault Tolerance (SFT)|
||Virtual Machines Load Balancing (VMLB)|
||Older versions of Intel PROSet may have a different value for VMLB team type. Make sure you are using the latest software version.|
This script was tested on Microsoft Windows* Server 2012 and Server 2008 R2.
CreateTeamps1.txt, 3/21/2013, 3 KB
This applies to: