Intel no longer provides interactive support for Intel® Network Adapters check utility via telephone, e-mail, or chat, nor will Intel provide any future software updates to support new operating systems.
The Intel® Network Adapters check utility tests for the presence of specific genuine Intel® Network Adapters installed in PCI Express* slots.
The utility tests only the following adapters:
- Intel® Gigabit EF Dual Port Server Adapter
- Intel® Gigabit ET Dual Port Server Adapter
- Intel® Gigabit ET Quad Port Server Adapter
- Intel® Gigabit ET2 Quad Port Server Adapter
- Intel® PRO/1000 PF Server Adapter
- Intel® PRO/1000 PF Quad Port Server Adapter
- Intel® PRO/1000 PF Dual Port Server Adapter
- Intel® PRO/1000 PT Desktop Adapter
- Intel® PRO/1000 PT Server Adapter
- Intel® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter
- Intel® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Low Profile Adapter
- Intel® PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter
The Intel Network Adapters check utility is for Windows XP*, Windows Server 2003*, Windows Vista*, and Windows Server 2008*.
The utility is not for Windows 2000* or earlier versions of Windows.
The Intel® Network Adapters check utility is available to verify specific PCI Express* based Intel Network Adapters as genuine. This utility does not test PCI or PCI-x adapters or LAN on motherboard (built-in) connections.
Steps for downloading and using Intel Network Adapters check:
- Download the file associated with your operating system:
For Windows XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003, and Server 2008 (32-bit)*
For Windows XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003, Server 2008 & 2008 R2, x64 Editions*
For Windows Server 2003, 2008, & 2008 R2* for Intel® Itanium® Processor Based Systems
- Save the file to your computer. (Or choose "Run" when prompted for the download if you do not want to save a copy of the utility.) Note the location of the saved file.
- Run adaptchk.exe to test for the presence of genuine Intel Network Adapters installed in PCI Express slots.
- A message reflecting the results of the verification check is displayed.
||This utility does not install a program on your computer. You must run adaptchk.exe from where you saved it on your computer.|
||This utility does not test PCI/PCI-X adapters or LAN on motherboard (built-in) connections.|
Yottamark* sticker on Intel® Network Adapters
This applies to: