Microsoft generic modem installation file (MDMGEN.INF) was used to install the Xircom® adapter.
Windows* 98 selected the MDMGEN.INF to install the adapter.
Note: If the Xircom adapter does not install correctly, refer to the Windows 95/98 Clean Up instructions for your Xircom adapter.
- Open Control Panel and then double-click the System icon.
- Click the Device Manager tab, and then expand the Modem entry.
- Select the Standard PCMCIA Modem listing, and then click Properties.
- Click the Drivers tab, and then click Update Driver.
- Click Next until the Select from list option appears.
- Click Have Disk, and then enter the path to the drive or directory where the Xircom installation files (drivers) are located.
- Click Next and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Xircom adapter installation.
- Restart the computer, and then test the Xircom adapter.
Relevant Information: Microsoft Windows* 95, Microsoft Windows* 95 OSR1, Microsoft Windows* 95 OSR2, Microsoft Windows* 95 OSR2.1, Microsoft Windows* 98 SE, Microsoft Windows* 98
This applies to: