Location of Driver: \DOS\IPX.COM
Use the Auto Installation option in the SoftSet2 program.
Sample Configuration Files
Note: If you are also running Windows for Workgroups, please see the
Hints and Tips section below for important information.
Hints and Tips
- A pre-generated IPX.COM comes on the disk and will work with any
configuration that the lan adapter is set at.
- Copy IPX.COM and NETX.EXE from the \DOS directory to your boot disk,
and add them to the AUTOEXEC.BAT or login batch file.
To install proper driver support for Windows for Workgroups and Novell
NetWare* on the same workstation, follow these steps:
- If the workstation can't find the file server
The pregenerated IPX.COM on the diskette is configured for 802.3 frame
type. Be sure that 802.3 frame type is loaded and bound at the file
server. This is especially true with a NetWare 3.12 or 4.x file server
since 802.2 loads by default, not 802.3.
- If workstation requires 802.2 frame type
IPX.COM only supports 802.3 and Ethernet_II. You must use the ODI
driver for 802.2 frametype.
- If workstation requires Ethernet II frame type
Use Novell's ECONFIG program to change the IPX.COM to Ethernet_II frame
- If installing Windows for Workgroups and Novell* NetWare*
You must install the DOS ODI client driver; the IPX.COM driver will not
allow support for Windows for Workgroups.
- Set up the workstation with the DOS ODI client driver.
- Load the ODI driver and log in to your NetWare* server.
- Start Windows for Workgroups and set up the driver for the
EtherExpress PRO/10 adapter by following the instructions shown in
the Windows for Workgroups* 3.11 installation document. When the driver
is chosen, Windows for Workgroups will detect that the ODI driver is
already loaded and automatically install the appropriate support.
This applies to: