Applies to Xircom® CardBus Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56 Adapters (CBEM56G-100, RBEM56G-100, R2BEM56G-100).
These procedures assume Windows* Networking has been installed and Phoenix* Card Executive 2.0 has NOT been installed.
Panasonic* CF-27 Toughbook*
Xircom® RealPort CardBus Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56 (RBEM56G)
Xircom Driver CD-ROM
Microsoft* Windows NT* 4.0 CD-ROM
Microsoft* Windows NT* 4.0 CD-ROM for Service Pack 3 or higher
I/O Port: Auto
Interrupt Style: ISA IRQ
I/O Port: Auto
1. Insert the Xircom card into the machine.
2. Turn the power on the machine and boot in Windows NT 4.0
3. Insert the Xircom driver CD-ROM into the Panasonic* CF-27.
4. Click Start, click
settings, click Control
5. Double-click the
Network icon, click on the adapter
tab, and then click Add .
6. In the Select Network Adapter
box, select Have Disk, enter the path to
the CD-ROM drive, ensuring that you point to the
7. Change the resource assignment for the
interrupt request to IRQ 10.
8. Change the resource
assignment for the interrupt style to ISA
9. Click OK
to the setup message.
10. If you installed the TCP/IP protocol, you will be asked if you with to use DHCP. Select the appropriate choice for your network.
11. If you choose not to use DHCP, you will be prompted to enter your TCP/IP information.
12. If you choose to use
DHCP, there will be a pause to find the DHCP server. Click
Yes when prompted.
13. When prompted, do not restart Windows NT 4.0.
14. Click Start, click
settings, click Control Panel,
open Ports and remove any existing COM
15. Restart Windows NT 4.0.
16. Upon restarting Windows NT 4.0, verify network activity by logging on to the local network, if one is present.
Start, click settings, click Control
Modems and allow the hardware wizard to scan
for, detect and install the modem. 19. When prompted for
drivers, enter the path to the CD-ROM drive, ensuring that you
again point to the \Xircom\Disk1\NDIS4 directory.
If you receive a
network error in the Event log, you must re-install the
Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack.
This applies to: