||This issue was resolved in Intel® Network Connections software version 15.0 and later.|
When adding ports to an existing team in Windows Vista*, Windows Server 2008*, Windows 7* or Windows Server 2008 R2*, the added ports might be disabled. Symptoms include:
- Port's team status is disabled
- Failover to added port does not occur as expected (in failover teams)
- The following error appears in Windows Event Log:
Eventd ID: 4
Description: Unable to bind to physical adapter. To resolve, remove the adapter team and then create a new team.
This issue only happens when adding a port on an adapter using a driver based on NDIS 6.1 to an existing team containing ports on an adapter using a driver based on NDIS 6.2.
The issue does not happen when creating a new team.
Follow these steps to enable the ports by forcing a team reload:
- Disable the team in Windows Device Manager*
- Enable the team in Windows Device Manager
Or, you could remove the team and create a new team.
This applies to: