Intel® PRO/1000 PF Quad Port Server Adapter and Intel® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter are not detected by the system when inserted into a PCIe 2.0 slot.
Affected Intel® Network Adapters:
- Intel® PRO/1000 PF Quad Port Server Adapter (P/N EXPI9404PF)
- Intel® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter (P/N EXPI9404PT)
These two adapters utilize a PCIe bridge compatible with PCIe 1.0a and earlier. Using these adapters in a PCIe 2.0 slot may result in them not training correctly.
This issue does not affect the Intel® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port LP Server Adapter and later Intel Quad Port Server Adapters.
If you require a Quad Port server adapter and have PCIe 2.0 slots, Intel recommends you use any of the following:
- Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T4 (P/N I350T4)
- Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I340-T4 (P/N E1G44HT)
- Intel® Gigabit ET2 Quad Port Server Adapter (P/N E1G44ET2)
This applies to: