Reclaim the 20% bandwidth Windows* XP allocates to itself for QoS
1. Log on as "Administrator".
2. Start - run - type gpedit.msc.
3. Expand the "local computer policy" branch.
4. Expand the "administrative templates" branch.
5. Expand the "network branch".
6. Highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler" in left window.
7. In right window double click the "limit reservable bandwidth" setting.
8. On setting tab check the "enabled" item.
9. Where it says "Bandwidth limit %" change it to read 0-- Click apply, OK, exit gpedit.msc.
10. Go to your Network connections (start->my computer->my network connection-> view network connections). Right click on your connection, choose properties then under the General or the Networking tab (where it lists your protocols) make sure QoS packet scheduler is enabled.
Note: This procedure does not apply to Windows XP* Home.
QoS Tools and Settings (Microsoft* TechNet)
This applies to: