Network portion of a 9CEM56-100/REM56G-100 has a yellow exclamation point in Device Manager
O2Micro ROHM 026836/6860 CardBus Controllers
The issue is with O2Micro* ROHM 026836/6860 CardBus Controllers. These controllers will not allow the CEM56-100/REM56G-100 to obtain an acceptable memory range. The memory ranges for the Xircom® Multifunction Adapter may be shown as 02000000-02001fff and 02002000-02002fff. These values will not allow the network adapter to function properly.
Please check with your laptop manufacturer first to find out if they have a resolution for this issue. Micron, for instance, has a resolution available for their laptops using these controllers. If no fix is available from your manufacturer, please follow these instructions to boot into Safe Mode and manually change the memory ranges for the Xircom Multifunction Adapter:
1) Reboot your laptop and press the F8 key. When prompted select option 3 for Safe Mode.
2) Open Control Panel and double-click System. Select the Device Manager tab and find the Multifunction Adapters listing.
3) Click the plus sign (+) next to the Multifunction Adapters icon, highlight the Xircom Multifunction Adapter and click the Properties button.
4) Select the Resources tab and uncheck the Use automatic settings box.
5) Highlight the first memory range and then click Change Settings. Select a memory range in the "D" range. A good setting would start with 000D2000-xxxxxxxx.
6) Do the same for the second range making sure the memory ranges do not overlap. A good setting would be 000D4000-xxxxxxxx.
7) Restart the computer and let Windows* boot normally.
Microsoft Windows* 95 OSR2, Microsoft Windows* 95 OSR2.1, Microsoft Windows* 98, Microsoft Windows* 98 SE
This applies to: