- Error: "Network cable unplugged"
- No Link light (LED)
Follow this checklist to identify the problem:
1) Check for bent or misaligned pins in the RJ45 port of the Xircom® ethernet adapters. Broken, bent and misaligned pins do not make contact with the connector on the cable, causing a poor (or no) network connection. If the pins are broken, bent, or misaligned, it may be necessary to replace the adapter. If you believe your Xircom adapter is defective in materials or workmanship, please contact Intel® Customer Support for warranty determination.
2) Swap the network patch cable with a known good one. Test it with a known good network connection port.
3) Make sure you are using a Category 5 patch cable.
4) Check for a Link light on the adapter. A solid Green light indicates a 10Mb connection and solid Orange indicates a 100Mb connection. "No Link light" may indicate a bad cable, port or adapter.
5) Check Device Manager or NT Diagnostic to verify that the adapter is installed properly.
Relevant Information: Microsoft Windows* 95, Microsoft Windows* 95 OSR1, Microsoft Windows* 95 OSR2, Microsoft Windows* 98, Microsoft Windows* 98 SE, Microsoft Windows NT* Workstation 3.51, Microsoft Windows NT* Workstation 4.0, Microsoft Windows* Millennium Edition, Microsoft Windows* 2000 Professional, Microsoft Windows* XP
This applies to: