Location of driver: \MSL\E100SMSL.MSL
Sample Load Command
LOAD C:<PATH>\E100SMSL SLOT=n
The mirrored server driver, E100SMSL.MSL, is the driver that does the actual mirroring between two NetWare* 4.1 servers.
- Make sure your adapters are connected with a crossover cable (you can use a dedicated hub, but its not necessary). For information on making a crossover cable, see the help file called "Making a crossover cable".
- Copy the MSL driver from the \MSL directory on the "Configuration and Driver" disk to the appropriate directory on both servers.
- Start the mirrored server program (MSERVER.EXE) on both servers.
- At both server consoles issue the following load statement:
LOAD E100SMSL SLOT=n
SLOT=n is the PCI device number. If you don*t know the number, load the driver without it. NetWare will prompt you with available PCI device numbers.
You can also specify speed on the command line (SPEED=x). The default speed for the MSL driver is 100 Mbps.
- Add this load statement to the IOSTART.NCF file on both servers so
that E100SMSL.MSL loads automatically every time you run MSERVER.
This applies to: