Attaching the SFP+ Direct Attach Cable
- Turn the cable so that the connector retention tab and gold fingers are on the same side as the network adapter retention clip. Refer to figure 1.
- Push the cable connector straight in using light force until it clicks.
Figure 1. Retention tab and retention clip
Removing the SFP+ Direct Attach Cable
- Pull straight back onáthe cable release ring. See figure 2. Theáring lowers the retention tab, releasing the cable.
- The cable will slide free from the adapter.
Figure 2. Cable release
- Slightly lift the retention clip on the adapter. Refer to figure 3.
- The cableáwill slide free from theáadapter.
Figure 3. Retention tab and retention clip
||Removing the cable without releasing the retentionátab may damage the cable or the adapter.|
This applies to: