Versions of Intel® PRO/1000 base driver software dated prior to 1/30/2001 may perform poorly when transferring data between the Intel PRO/1000 T Server Adapter and a Copper Gigabit-only switch port using a TBI interface. (Does not affect fiber adapters or 100/1000 or 10/100/1000 switch ports.)
Upgrade your base driver to the following versions:
- Windows NT* 4.0 & Windows* 2000: ver. 2.84
Please run unswcomp.exe first, if you have previously run swcomp.exe.
- Novell* (using Chsm spec driver): ver. 2.71
- Linux* (2.2.x and 2.4. kernels): ver. 3.0.7
- Solaris* 2.6, 7, or 8: ver. 2.6.1
- UnixWare* 7.x (ddi8 driver): ver. 2.7.5
UnixWare 7.x with ddi7 driver: the latest version is 2.5.20
To Test: Ping odd and even packets.
Change: If one is not successful, change the existing space.c parameter from 0 to 1. e.g.
This applies to: