Emergency update for NetportExpress PRO and PRO/100 3-port models
For three-port PRO and PRO/100 models only: If you set a password for a NetportExpress print server and forget the password, you can regain access to that print server by updating the print server with a null modem cable connecting the print server's serial port and a serial port on a PC. The update overwrites the current configuration and sets the print server back to factory default settings.
To perform a serial port update
- Disconnect the NetportExpress print server from the power cord, printers and the network cable.
- Take the print server and the power supply to a computer where Netportâ Manager is installed.
- Turn off the power at the computer. Attach the null modem cable to the computer's COM port but NOT to the print server's serial port.
- Turn on the computer's power.
- Attach the null modem cable to the print server serial port.
- At the DOS prompt on the computer, change to the directory where Netport Manager is installed. For PRO and PRO/100 print servers type:
PROFLASH NPPRO.UPD Comport
where Comport is the COM port on the computer.
- Plug the power cable into the NetportExpress print server. Watch the screen for information about the status of the serial port update process. The update is complete when the DOS prompt returns.
This applies to: