The TEST SPEED button is provided as a way to determine the highest parallel port speed your printer is capable of supporting.
How the test works:
- Highlight the desired NetportExpress PRO print server on the NetPort® Manager Main Menu.
- Click Configure Hardware.
- Select the parallel port you wish to test.
- Make sure a printer is connected to the port to be tested.
- Click Test Speed. The NetportExpress PRO print server will generate a diagnostic test page at low, medium and high port speeds.
- Retrieve the test pages from the printer. Review each page for clarity. The port speed used to generate the test page is listed in the PRINTER PORT STATUS section of the page.
- Set the port speed in NetPort Manager to match the highest speed which provides readable print.
- Click SAVE on the Configure NetPort® Print Server Hardware screen.
This applies to: