There is a number of factors that determine the "storage space" the Intel® Entry Storage System SS4000-E can provide.
- Firmware revision
- Up to and including firmware revision 1.3 Build 524, the SS4000-E can support up to 2TB of total disk space.
- With firmware revision 1.4 Build 709, the SS4000-E system will support hard disk drives greater than 500GB, thereby increasing total disk storage space to greater than 2TB. (disk drive size used dependent).
||Upgrading from a previous version of the firmware to firmware revision 1.4 Build 709 is a “data destructive” process due to the new structure of the firmware and supporting disk drives greater than 500GB.|
- RAID type used
- RAID 0 will provide total disk storage space equal to the combined disk drive space.
- RAID 1 will provide total disk storage space equal to half the combined disk drive space.
- RAID 5 will provide total disk storage space equal to the combined disk drive space minus the drive space of one disk.
- RAID 10 will provide disk total storage space equal to the half the combined disk drive space with four disks.
||Different RAID types provide different levels of data availability and security.|
- Distribution of storage space configuration for backups and shared files
- The storage system features an integrated file server with the ability to provide client system backups and shared folders storage space.
- During the initial system configuration you set the amount of space you need for client system backups and shared folders storage as a percentage of total system storage.
This applies to: