This applies to the Intel® Server RAID Controller U3-1 (SRCU31) and Intel® Server RAID Controller U3-1L (SRCU31L).
WARNING - BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE, PLEASE READ THE V6.X RAID SOFTWARE UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS!
- For any NEW installations with only one Intel® RAID card installed, it is recommended that the new RAID software stack be utilized.
- For any NEW installations with more than one Intel® RAID card installed, both cards must use the same versions of firmware, drivers and utilities. This will ensure full RAID compatibility, physical drive portability and functionality of all volume date.
- For any EXISTING field installations with the current software stack, customers have the choice to:
- Keep the existing field installations on the current software. This is low-risk and recommended approach if the customer is satisfied with the solution.
- Upgrade the existing field installation to the new software. Because the RAID meta data format is not the same, the data attached to the RAID array must be backed up and restored. This involves backing up the data array, destroying the current RAID array, installation of the new RAID arrays with the new software, and then restoring the data onto the new RAID array. There is a risk of data loss on the RAID array if the data is hot correctly backed up previous to the upgrade, as the process requires the RAID array to be 'reset'. Customers should only proceed with this major upgrade if they are comfortable with this backup/restore process.
Installing the Operating System - For information on installing the new software stack driver, please refer to each operating system driver package as this contains detailed information on how to install the drivers. For detailed instructions, please refer to the Users Guide located on the RAID distribution CD or on:
SRCU31 Users Guide [PDF]
SRCU31L Users Guide [PDF]
Drives Marked Offline [PDF]
- RAID Volume Recovery Procedures [PDF]
RAID Software Upgrade v6.x [PDF]
Update Instructions for RAID Controller Firmware v5.x or Less to v6.x [PDF]
This applies to: