When an Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor or multiple PCI Express* (PCIe*) adapters are installed, the following error can display during POST, and the server halts:
0146 - PCI out of resource
To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
- Temporarily remove the add-on PCI Express* adapters.
- Update the BIOS and firmware to the latest revision.
- Disable any unused devices and Option ROMs in the BIOS, like onboard SATA/SAS controllers (under Advanced > Mass Storage Controller Configuration) and onboard NICs (under Advanced > NIC Configuration).
- Go to Advanced > PCI Configuration
- Set 'Maximize Memory below 4GB' to Disabled.
- Set 'Memory Mapped I/O above 4 GB' to Enabled.
- Set 'Memory Mapped I/O Size' to 256G or higher, for an Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor. For other PCIe Adapters, use an appropriately large value.
- Install the add-on PCI Express* adapters one at a time and see if the server boots properly.
This applies to: