When multiple PCI Express* adapters are installed, the following error can display during POST, and the server halts:
0146 - PCI out of resource
To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
- Temporarily remove the add-on PCI Express* adapters.
- Update BIOS/firmware to the latest revision.
- Disable unused devices and/or their OpROMs in BIOS, like onboard SATA/SAS controllers and onboard NICs.
- Make the following changes in the BIOS:
- Go to BIOS Setup => Advanced => PCI Configuration.
- Set Maximize Memory below 4 GB to Disabled.
- Set Memory Mapped I/O above 4 GB to Enabled.
- For Memory Mapped I/O Size, select the required MMIO size for the add-on PCIe* adapters.
- Install the add-on PCI Express* adapters one at a time and see if the server boots properly.
This applies to: