When an Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor or multiple PCI Express* (PCIe*) adapters are installed, the following error can display during POST, and the server halts: 0146 - PCI out of resource
To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
Go to Advanced > PCI Configuration.
- Temporarily remove the add-on PCI Express adapters.
- Update the BIOS and firmware to the latest revision.
- Disable any unused devices and Option ROMs in the BIOS.
- For onboard SATA/SAS controllers, go to Advanced > Mass Storage Controller Configuration.
- For onboard NICs, go to Advanced > NIC Configuration.
Install the add-on PCI Express adapters one at a time and see if the server boots properly.
- Set Maximize Memory below 4 GB to Disabled.
- Set Memory Mapped I/O above 4 GB to Enabled.
- Set Memory Mapped I/O Size to 256 G or higher, for an Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor. For other PCIe Adapters, use an appropriately large value.
This applies to: