This tool allows you to choose the optimized processor and DDR3 memory configuration for your specific usage model. The tool could be run free standing (not on the System Under Test) for help deciding on the right type of memory and processor configuration.
The tool has two functions. First under the Check local system, users can scan their system for incompatible memory population. Second, the Launch system builder part of the tool helps users determine the best memory configuration for their system based on their usage selection.
This tool is designed for Intel® Server Boards and Systems based on the Intel® 5500, 5520 & 3400 chipset only. This tool is available online or to download for later use.
- .NET 2.0 Framework SP1
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP* (32/x64),
- Microsoft Windows Vista* (32/x64),
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008* (32/x64),
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003* (32/x64).
- Microsoft Windows 7* (32/x64)
- Intel® Server Board S5520HC
- Intel® Server Board S5520SC
- Intel® Server Board S5520UR
- Intel® Server Board S5500BC
- Intel® Server Board S5500HCV
- Intel® Server Board S3420GP Family
- ASUS* Z8PE-D18
- GIGABYTE* GA-7TESH2-RH
- 3rd party 12-DIMM, 6-Channel 5500 Series boards that follow Intel reference design.
- 3rd party 8-DIMM, 4-Channel 5500 Series boards that follow Intel reference design.
- 3rd party 6-DIMM, 2-Channel 3400 Series boards that follow Intel reference design.
- 3rd party 4-DIMM, 2-Channel 3400 Series boards that follow Intel reference design.
This applies to: