This document explains the revisions of hardware and firmware/BIOS that are required to support the multi-core 64-bit Intel® Xeon® processor 7000 sequence processors on the Intel® Server Board Set SE8500HW4 and provides information on the upgrade process and dependencies.
The following steps are required to upgrade to the new processor:
- Verify hardware support for the processors.
- Possibly upgrade the processor core VRMs.
- Upgrade the system BIOS and BMC firmware.
- Possibly upgrade the operating system to add support for multi-core processors.
- Install the new processors.
Please see the attached document for more details.
|| Upgrade Procedure [PDF]|
||File Name: SE8500HW4-7000-sequence-Upgrade1-2.pdf|
Size: 39,299 bytes
Date: January 2006
File Revision: 1.2
Note: PDF Files require Adobe Acrobat* Reader†
† This link will take you off of the Intel Web site. Intel does not control the content of the destination Web Site.
This applies to: