- Select components using or Configuration Guide.
- Choose a Supported Processor. Also check Important information on support of Intel® Xeon® processor 5300 series and Information on support of Intel® Xeon® Processor 5400 & 5200.
- Choose Tested Memory, Tested Hard Drive and Tested Hardware and Operating System.
- Hardware integration. Follow the Quick Start Guide.
- Update BIOS/Firmware.
- Configure RAID (if applicable). Follow the instructions in RAID Software User Guide.
- See chapter 5 if you’re using Intel® Embedded Server RAID Technology II (Software RAID)
- See chapter 6 if you’re using Intel® Integrated Server RAID (Hardware RAID)
- OS installation. Check Software & drivers for required storage drivers for supported OS. See the readme file or Release Notes included in the driver package for installation instructions.
Post-OS driver installation. Depend on your OS, you might need to load chipset driver, video driver, network driver and backplane driver. Follow the instructions on the download page.
Other useful resources:
Frequently asked questions – Frequently asked questions and known issues
Technical specifications – Detailed product specifications and errata
Installation and use – Installation/integration guides, spare and accessory information, and software documentations
Technical advisories – Known issues and solutions
This applies to: