Click a link below to find supported memory and hardware with the Intel® Server Configurator Tool.
Find your optimal memory configuration with the Intel® memory configuration tool.
Intel only supports the Intel® Server Board S3420GP family with the memory and hardware in the Intel Server Configurator Tool. The Intel Server Board S3420GP supports:
- Six DDR3 memory slots (the Intel® Server Board S3420GPV only has four)
- DIMM sizes of 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB
- DIMMs composed of DRAM using 2 Gb technology.
- DRAMs organized as single rank, dual rank, or quad rank DIMMs
- DIMM speeds of 800, 1066, or 1333 MT/s
- Registered or unregistered (unbuffered) DIMMs (RDIMMs or UDIMMs)
- 32 GB max with x8 ECC RDIMM (2 Gb DRAM) and 16 GB max with x8 ECC UDIMM (2 Gb DRAM)
Only DDR3 UDIMMs are supported when using Intel® Core™ Duo series or Intel® Pentium® processors.
The Intel Server Board S3420GPV supports RDIMMs with BIOS 46 or later.
||The following configurations are not validated, supported, or recommended:
- Mixing of RDIMMs and UDIMMs
- Mixing memory type, size, speed, and/or rank
- Mixing memory vendors
- Non-ECC memory
This applies to: