After a BIOS update, a hard drive that was originally configured as IDE, can revert to the default value of AHCI, causing the system to no longer boot.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS setup.
- Set the drive configuration back to IDE.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS setup.
Depending on the board model, the drive configuration setting is changed either through the Advanced menu or the SATA Drives menu:
- Go to the Advanced > Drive Configuration menu. Set Configure SATA As... to IDE.
- Go to the SATA Drives menu. Set Chipset-SATA Mode to IDE.
This applies to: