The program, AFUDOS.EXE, is used to update the BIOS version on the following boards:
- Intel® Desktop Board DH61KVCH
- Intel® Desktop Board DH61SKCH
This program is included on the driver disk (in the \Utility folder) and is available on Intel's Download Center.
To update the system BIOS, follow these steps:
- Create a DOS-bootable USB device.
- Copy the following files to the USB flash drive: AFUDOS.EXE and the XX.ROM file (where XX.ROM is the .ROM filename).
- Insert the USB device into a USB port and turn on the computer.
- At the DOS prompt, type AFUDOS XX.ROM (where XX.ROM is the .ROM filename) and press Enter.
- Wait until the flash update process is complete.
- Remove the USB device and restart the computer.
|Do not turn off or reset the computer during the flash process.|
Creating a Bootable USB Device
Creating a USB flash device into a bootable drive is not as simple as creating bootable floppy disks. Review the documentation provided by the manufacturer of your USB device for instructions on how to create a bootable USB device.
Intel is unable to help with the creation of bootable devices. See the following web sites for tips on creating bootable USB devices:
How to boot from a USB Device
How to boot from a USB Flash Drive
For more information, search the web for “How to create bootable USB drives”.
This applies to: