This document provides instructions for updating your Intel® NUC to the latest BIOS version. Five methods of updating an Intel NUC BIOS to the latest version are offered. You only need to use one.
All BIOS update files for Intel NUC products are available on Download Center.
Check this matrix to see which method works for you:
- Update the BIOS on your computer only if the newer BIOS version specifically solves a problem you have. Intel does not recommend BIOS updates for computers that do not need it. You can view all new BIOS fixes in the release notes included on the BIOS download page in Download Center.
- Downgrading the BIOS to an earlier version is not recommended and might not be supported. An earlier BIOS version might not provide important fixes, critical security updates, or support the latest board revisions currently being manufactured.
- Before initiating a BIOS update, be sure to read and precisely follow the update instructions. You can open and print any PDF file from the online instructions table for easy reference.
- All images in the examples used in the instructions are for illustration purposes only. You need to select the correct BIOS files for your Intel NUC.
- If a BIOS update process is interrupted, your computer might not function properly. Intel suggests the process be done in an environment with a steady power supply (preferably with Uninterruptible Power Supply).
Note: PDF Files require Adobe Acrobat Reader*
This applies to: