See the table for driver and operating system support for your Intel® NUC product.
How to read the table
||Fully supported; both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers for all features are available.|
||Limited support; not all drivers OR not both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers are available.|
||Drivers are available, but support is limited due to discontinuance of OS.|
||Drivers are not available.|
Customer-reported operating system support
Listed below are other operating system versions reported as compatible by owners of the Intel® NUC Boards and Kits. Intel has not validated these operating systems.
Other operating systems:
1 As-is support
Use of Intel drivers with older operating systems that Microsoft* has discontinued or does not fully support should be considered as-is in respect to features, function, debugging and usability with recently released Intel® NUC products and Intel will no longer provide technical support for them. These operating systems include Windows XP editions. Please refer to the following Microsoft sites for more information:
Microsoft support lifecycle policy FAQ
Select a product for lifecycle information
Windows lifecycle fact sheet
2 Notes for the Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE and Intel® NUC Board DE3815TYBE:
- Update this Intel NUC model to BIOS version 0030 or later before installing any Intel processor I/O controller drivers. This will eliminate any errors that can appear in Device Manager on I/O controller devices.
- Supported Windows versions include the retail versions of Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Embedded 8.1 Industry, Embedded 8 Standard, and Embedded Standard 7.
- The 4 GB eMMC embedded storage can be used for small-footprint operating systems, as typically used for thin-client and light-embedded applications. Please check your OS minimum requirements before attempting to install an OS to this device.
3 The Intel® NUC Kit DN2820FYKH supports the following:
- 64-bit drivers for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
- 32-bit drivers for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.
- 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 are provided as-is.
4 Server OS drivers are available as a driver bundle on Download Center. The following features are supported: Chipset, Graphics, Intel® ME, LAN, and USB 3.0. Intel technologies (TPM, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, Intel® Rapid Start Technology, and Intel® Smart Connect Technology) are not supported in the Server OSes.
This applies to: