The onboard Bluetooth* module, included with certain Intel® Desktop Boards, allows you to connect with a variety of Bluetooth-enabled devices. Driver support is provided by operating systems such as Microsoft Windows Vista* and the Microsoft Windows 7*.
Features and Specifications
- Bluetooth V2.1+EDR compliant
- Support for APM (Advance Power Management)
- Class 2 RF output power (max +4 dBm)
- Support for Piconet and Scatternet
- USB 2.0 compliant interface
- RF connector for external antenna connection
Connecting the Bluetooth Antenna
A Bluetooth antenna is provided with the desktop board. Follow the steps below to connect the antenna to the onboard Bluetooth module.
- Attach the connector on the end of the antenna lead wire (B) to the mating connector on the Bluetooth module (A).
- Remove the paper backing from the antenna (C) and attach it to the exterior of the system chassis.
Enabling Bluetooth in BIOS
Bluetooth is enabled by default. If you need to confirm in the BIOS setup:
- During boot, enter the BIOS setup by pressing F2.
- Go to the Configuration > On-Board Devices menu.
- Set Bluetooth Wireless to Enable.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
Installing the Driver
Driver support is provided by operating systems such as Microsoft Windows Vista* and the Microsoft Windows 7*. After you have connected the antenna and enabled Bluetooth in the BIOS, Windows will automatically detect and install the drivers for it. You do not need to download any additional drivers for the desktop board.
Bluetooth allows you to do any of the following:
- Use a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, gamepad or printer to eliminate cables.
- Transfer files between your PC and Bluetooth devices, such as cell phones or PDAs.
- Listen to music from your PC over Bluetooth stereo headphones.
- Make a Voice-over-IP (VOIP) phone call over a Bluetooth headset.
Connecting to Bluetooth Devices
To view and connect to Bluetooth devices:
- Click Start > Devices and Printers > Add a Device.
- Any Bluetooth device within range should be displayed.
- Select the Bluetooth device you want to connect to and follow the prompts in the Add Device wizard.
*How Bluetooth Works*
This applies to: