Intel® Desktop Boards include a feature to alert you of possible problems with the system cooling solution (fans). If the system detects missing fans on either the front or rear chassis fan headers, you will see the following messages during boot:
- Front Chassis fan has slowed or stopped, press enter to redetect.
- Rear Chassis fan has slowed or stopped, press enter to redetect.
If you are using both front and rear chassis fans, try the following:
If only one fan is connected or if no fans are connected, the error message may be disabled in the BIOS. To disable this message:
- Confirm the fans are properly connected to the chassis fan headers.
- Update to the latest BIOS version.
- Test other chassis fans to eliminate defective or incompatible fans.
- During boot, enter the BIOS setup by pressing F2.
- Go to the Advanced > Fan Control menu.
- Disable Fan Detection Error Message.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
This applies to: