System memory features
The board has two DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
- 1.8 V DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold plated contacts, with the option to raise the voltage to support higher performance DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs
- Dual channel interleaved mode support
- Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
- 8 GB maximum total system memory
- Minimum total system memory: 512 MB
- Non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial presence detect
- DDR2 667 MHz or DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
- DDR2 667 MHz DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 (tCL-tRCD-tRP)
- DDR2 800 MHz DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 (tCL-tRCD-tRP)
To be fully compliant with all applicable SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the serial presence detect (SPD) data structure. If your memory modules do not support SPD, you will see a notification to this effect on the screen at power up. The BIOS will attempt to configure the memory controller for normal operation.
System resources and hardware require physical memory address locations that can reduce available addressable system memory. This could result in a reduction of as much as 1 GB or more of physical addressable memory being available to the operating system and applications, depending on the system configuration and operating system.
Supported DIMM configurations
||Smallest usable DIMM (one x16 single-sided DIMM)
||Largest usable DIMM (one x8 double-sided DIMM)
||Maximum capacity with two identical x8 double-sided DIMMs)|
Computer Memory Test Labs (CMTL*) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL tested memory list* for this Intel® Desktop Board.
This applies to: