To enable S3 support when using a Diamond Viper 770 AGP card:
- Ensure that BIOS P03 or P04 has been installed.
- Reboot the computer and press "F2" to run Setup.
- Press "F9" to Load Default Values.
- Go to "Advanced", "Boot Configuration", and select "Yes" to "Reset Config Data".
- Go to "Power", then select "APM" and "Disabled" Power Management.
- Go to "ACPI" and select "S3 State" for "ACPI Suspend State".
- Press "F10" to Save and Exit.
- Install an operating system that supports ACPI (Windows* Millennium Edition or other).
- Install the latest (PC99 Certified) INF Update Utility for the Intel® 850 chipset.
- Install Microsoft* DirectX 8.0
- Make sure that the operating system (Windows* ME) has properly detected your monitor (if not search for a Windows* Millennium Edition or other OS driver for your monitor).
- Even if the operating system has properly detected your AGP video adapter, it's highly recommended that you update the video adapter with the latest video driver. For the Diamond Multimedia Viper 770, the latest nVIDIA* drivers can be downloaded directly from the nVIDIA* Web site.
- Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Advanced.
- In Advanced, make sure you select "Stand By" for "When I press the power button on my computer".
- Under "Power Schemes", Select "Never" for the monitor and Hard Drives leave the "System stand by" in default mode.
This applies to: