The phone adapter was plugged into a telephone wall jack by mistake
If you connected the phone adapter to a telephone wall jack, do the following:
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect the phone adapter from the telephone wall jack and connect it to a standard telephone.
- Turn on the computer.
SoftPhone Agent will not function in a suspend state
If you attempt to place your computer into a suspend state, such as standby or hibernate, or if the computer attempts it via an inactivity timeout while the SoftPhone Agent is running, a message will appear indicating that suspending will disable your softphone service, and then ask if you want to continue. You will not be able to receive calls or dial out using your phone adapter while your computer is in a suspend state.
No dial tone heard when placing a call
If the SoftPhone Agent is not running, or if your softphone application does not have an active connection to your VoIP service provider, then your phone adapter will not generate a dial tone. If you do not hear a dial tone after picking up the phone, try the following troubleshooting steps, and recheck the dial tone after each step:
- Ensure that the SoftPhone Agent and your softphone application are running.
- Ensure that your softphone application has an active connection to your VoIP service provider.
- Ensure that the phone adapter card is connected to the telephone.
- Disconnect and reconnect the telephone line to the telephone and to the phone adapter.
- Install a new telephone line (RJ-11 cable) between the phone adapter and the telephone.
- Check to make sure the PCI phone adapter card is seated correctly in your computer. If not, reseat the PCI phone adapter card.
Skype does not allow the SoftPhone Agent to use Skype
If you see the following popup message, “Request to access Skype was denied. Please check Skype Options and restart the SoftPhone Agent” then the SoftPhone Agent has been blocked by Skype. Perform the following steps to remove the SoftPhone Agent from the list of blocked programs.
NOTE: The following windows may differ depending the version of Skype you are using.
1. From the Skype main menu, click Tools , and then select Options from the pull-down menu.
2. From the Options window, click Manage other programs' access to Skype.
3. Select IADAPT32.EXE (as shown below), click Change , and then click OK.
4. When the following window appears, select Allow this program to use Skype , and then click OK.
You will now be able to use Skype with your phone adapter.
This applies to: