Older video files and DVD player applications will typically use hardware overlay for optimal video performance. To adjust gamma and brightness settings for hardware overlay, perform the following steps:
- Right-click on the desktop and choose Properties.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Click the Intel® graphics tab. This will be named one of the following:
- Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
- Intel® Extreme Graphics 2
- Intel® Extreme Graphics
- Click the Graphics Properties button.
- Click on the Video Overlay button. If using an earlier driver version, click on the Color tab, and then
choose Video Overlay.
- Use the slider controls to adjust the Gamma and Brightness settings to the desired levels. See
Figure 1 and 2.
Note: Older versions of the graphics drivers (prior to PV 14.4) do not support gamma or brightness adjustment for video overlay. If the "Video Overlay" section is not shown, update to the latest graphics drivers.
Figure 1 - Overlay Settings Adjustment using an Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
Figure 2 - Overlay Color Adjustment using an earlier Intel® Graphics Driver
This applies to: