The following steps describe how to generate an Intel graphics driver report, as well as how to include this report when sending a Technical Support email form.
Step 1: Open the Intel graphics control panel
Hotkey method: Press Ctrl + Alt + F12 to directly open up the application. Select ‘Advanced Mode’ if prompted.
Desktop method: Right click the desktop and select Graphics Properties.
If you are prompted to select Basic Mode, Advanced Mode, or Wizard Mode, select Advanced Mode and then click OK.
Step 2: Locate and save the Intel graphics driver report
Every so often there is a new version of the graphics control panel released. They have radically different styles and appearances, and sometimes completely different methods for locating the driver report. In order to determine which process you should follow to locate your driver report, you must first identify which version you are using.
Latest: Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel
1. Select Options.
2. Select the dropdown & choose Information Center.
3. Select save & name the output file.
Figure 1: The Intel graphics driver report as seen in the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel.
Previous: Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel
1. Select Options and Support.
2. Select Information Center.
3. Select Save & name the output file.
Figure 2: The Intel graphics driver report as seen in the Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel.
Older: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
1. Select either the Information button in the bottom left, or the ( i ) button in the top right.
2. Select Save To File & name the output file.
Figure 3: The Intel graphics driver report as seen in the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver.
Step 3: Upload the Intel graphics driver report to an email form (or other)
- Open the text file you just saved.
- Press the Ctrl+A keys to highlight all text (click into the text if you have not already).
- Press the Ctrl+C keys to copy the highlighted text.
- Return to the email form in your web browser. Click inside the box below the A graphics diagnostic report can be pasted into the space below field.
- Press the Ctrl+V keys to paste the contents of the text into that space.
- The diagnostic report is now displayed in the form.
If you are unable to follow the steps (e.g. tabs and buttons listed are not shown), your computer may have an out-of-date driver, may have a customized computer manufacturer driver, or may not have an Intel® Graphics Controller. Contact your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer to get the latest graphics drivers for your computer.
This applies to: