When using TV-out, the image displays in black and white on a color television.
The most common cause of this issue is that the selected TV standard is not correct. Different countries use different standards for television broadcast and display.
To resolve this issue, first confirm that the correct standard is selected. Use the following steps to check the TV standard.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+F12 to open the Intel Graphics Properties or Control Panel.
- Be sure to select the Television.
- Choose the appropriate video standard. The appropriate standard is typically NTSC-M (for North America), PAL (for most of Europe), SECAM, or a slight variation.
If the issue is still seen, try one of the following additional options.
- Update the graphics driver and system BIOS. Check with the system or motherboard manufacturer for system BIOS updates.
- Reseat the TV-out cable at both ends: where it connects to the computer and where it connects to the TV.
- Try a different TV-out cable.
If none of those options resolve the issue, you can narrow down the issue further by testing on one or more TVs (if possible) to see if the issue is specific to that TV.
Intel® Graphics and Televisions FAQ
This applies to: