What is Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology?
Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology is a stereoscopic 3D technology by Intel in association with Dreamworks*. The technology enables you to play games or watch 3D Blu-ray* movies using active shutter 3D glasses in 1080p full high-definition resolution, over HDMI 1.4.
Which Intel graphics support Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology?
Intel InTru 3D Technology is supported by the following products:
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4200/4400/4600/5000
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500
- 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000
Which operating systems support Intel InTru 3D Technology?
32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows 7* and Windows 8* operating systems.
Does my computer support Intel InTru 3D Technology?
Check with your computer manufacturer to determine if your computer model supports Intel InTru 3D Technology.
How do I enable Intel InTru 3D Technology?
First check with your computer manufacturer to make sure your computer model supports Intel InTru 3D Technology.
If your computer supports this technology, you do not need to change an Intel graphics driver setting to enable the technology. However, you will need to have the following:
- An HDMI-to-HDMI or a Display Port-to-HDMI connection to the TV.
- A connection to a stereoscopic 3D TV that supports HDMI 1.4. The TV can require use of 3D glasses. Check with your TV manufacturer if unsure.
- For Video: For Blu-ray stereoscopic playback, you need a third-party video player application that is designed to play stereoscopic 3D content on Intel graphics. This is installed on your computer by your manufacturer. If the application is not available, contact your computer manufacturer.
- For Gaming: For stereoscopic 3D gaming, you need a third-party application that is designed to convert games to stereoscopic 3D content on Intel graphics. Contact your computer manufacturer to see what software is compatible with your system.
Can Intel InTru 3D Technology work with discrete or add-in graphics card?
In most cases, Intel InTru 3D Technology turns off when a discrete or add-in graphics card is used or plugged in.
Some computers that support Intel switchable graphics, that have both Intel graphics and third-party discrete graphics, can support Intel InTru 3D Technology.
Computer manufacturer Web sites
Identifying your graphics controller
This applies to: