Many customers reported an issue with the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator when trying to enable extended desktop. This behavior only occurs under Windows* XP with Service Pack 3.
Under the option to enable the extended mode customers are getting the Error: "Can't find requested string".
When try to use the work-around already reported (Error: "Can't find requested string"), the extended mode is not available under the graphics control panel.
- Customers were using Windows* XP with Service Pack 3 installed
- Problem started after an automatic update of Spyware Doctor*
- Many customers reported that the Sypware Doctor* software is installed which may be embedded in a Google* pack and also a free version that is provided by PCtools*
- There is a forum thread on this issue of Intel Support Community: "Intel 945GM - Extended Desktop no longer working"
- Customers in the forum thread have reported that after uninstalling the Spyware Doctor*,the issue was fixed.
This applies to: