Cannot install the Intel(R) graphics driver (non-RPM version)
Error: "Kernel modules did not compile."
Dri.log file reports:
rm -f *.o *.ko dristat drmstat .depend .*.flags.*.d .*.cmd
make: *** No rule to make target 'gdg.ko'. Stop.
Follow these steps to workaround this error:
1. Use a text editor (like pico) to modify all of the filenames in the /dripkg/drm/Makefile.linux file from *.o to *.ko
Note: The dripkg folder is located where the Intel(R) graphics driver files were extracted.
2. Comment out the first instance of DRM_DEBUG in the /dripkg/drm/drm_vm.h file which will be 3 lines.
3. Install the Intel graphics driver.
Note: If you encounter the error message, "Removing old kernel module "agpgart"...ERROR", then reboot the system for the changes to take effect.
4. Modify the /etc/X11/XF86Config file to add a line for "Load "dri"" to the "Module" section.
5. Start X.
6. Verify driver installation using these commands:
glxinfo | grep rendering
Note: Rendering should be "Yes."
Note: Game should play smoothly.
This applies to: