Symptom(s):A game based on the Direct3D* API will not run.
Visual corruption seen in a 3D accelerated game.
Lockup, crash, or blank screen when running a game.
The following troubleshooting tips may fix the problem:
- Review the Game Compatibility List to see if this is a known issue with this particular game. If so, specific information or instructions are provided there for resolving the issue. Games that have been tested with no issues found are also listed there.
- Set the Windows* desktop is to High Color (16 bit) color depth in Display Properties.
- Update the video drivers to the latest version. If drivers cannot be obtained from the system or manufacturer, the latest Intel® graphics drivers can be used. Be sure to use the graphics drivers for the correct graphics controller.
- Update to the latest version of Microsoft* DirectX*.
- Check the game manufacturer's Web site for any game updates or patches.
- Make sure no background tasks are running, such as virus scanners, task schedulers, or any other programs that run in the task bar.
- Additional game troubleshooting tips.
| Windows 95 OSR 2.x*, Windows 98 *, Windows 98 SE*, Windows 2000 *, Windows Me*, Windows XP Professional*, Windows XP Home Edition*
This applies to: