- Colors on the monitor are too red.
- Colors on the monitor are too green.
- Colors on the monitor are too blue.
- Colors on the monitor are too yellow.
Use the following steps to troubleshoot this problem:
Next, check for a button or menu item on the monitor for adjusting the color balance. (See the monitor manual for more information.)
Unplug the monitor from the computer and plug it back in again to assure the monitor is connected securely.
Examine the monitor's VGA connector to make sure there are no bent or broken pins.
If one is available, attach a different monitor to see if the problem goes away.
Attach the monitor to a different computer to see if the problem is with the monitor itself.
If the problem persists, the monitor may be damaged or defective.
- First try resetting the color settings using the following steps:
- Right-click on the desktop
- Choose Graphics Properties (or choose Graphics Options), and then Graphics Properties...
- Click on the Color Correction button (or click on the Color tab).
- Click Restore defaults.
This applies to: