- Unable to download graphics drivers from the web
- Download times out
- Download stops part way through
- Errors occur during download
This may be caused by one or more of the following issues:
- The server may be busy.
- The Internet, or some section of it between the client computer and the server may be busy or overloaded.
- Excessive errors may be occurring during the connection, which can be caused by noise on a phone line.
- Network settings may not be set correctly on the computer.
- Temporary files or browser cache files could be getting in the way of the download.
- The client computer may be out of disk space.
The following may help with driver download problems:
- Disconnect from the Internet. Reboot your computer. Then, try downloading again.
- Try downloading at a different time of day. Try downloading during off-peak hours, such as after 10 PM or before 8 AM
- Clear out the web browser's cache (temporary Internet files)
- If you use a proxy, check your web browser's proxy settings to make sure they are correct for your computer
- If problems continue, check with your network administrator to see if there is a problem with the network.
- Allow sufficient time for the download to complete. Check the size in MB on the download page and for each MB, allow at least:
- 7 min. at 28.8K
- 4 min at 56K
- 2 min at ISDN 128K
This applies to: