Note: This document describes a generic unattended install process. This information is provided solely as a convenience to Intel customers. If you have questions about Microsoft Windows NT* or the unattended installation process, consult the Windows NT* documentation or contact Microsoft* for assistance.
This installation assumes Windows NT 4.0 Workstation Service Pack 6 or later is installed.
First Steps - Preparation
- Download the ZIP format graphics drivers for the Intel® 82845G graphics controller.
- Extract the ZIP file, including its subdirectories. The files needed for unattended installation will be in the Graphics\WinNT4 subdirectory.
- Copy the \I386 directory and all its files and subdirectories from the Windows NT 4.0 installation CD to a directory on a hard drive.
Create a subdirectory of \I386 called $OEM$.
- Create a subdirectory of \I386\$OEM$ called "Textmode".
- Create another subdirectory of \I386\$OEM$ called "DISPLAY". You should now have these directories:
- Copy all the files from the Graphics\WinNT4 directory drivers into the \I386\$OEM$\DISPLAY directory AND into the \I386\$OEM$\Textmode directory.
- A sample answer file called UNATTEND.TXT is included in the I386 directory. Make the modifications in bold at the end of this document. Documentation on additional parameters for this file is available from Microsoft*.
- Boot from a DOS boot disk.
- Change to the \I386 directory and run the following command:
winnt /u:c:\i386\unattend.txt /s:c:\i386 /b
- If you booted to a floppy disk, remove the boot disk from the machine as soon as the installation begins.
Sample UNATTEND.TXT File with Modifications in Bold:
OemPreinstall = yes
ConfirmHardware = no
NtUpgrade = no
Win31Upgrade = no
TargetPath = WINNT
OverwriteOemFilesOnUpgrade = no
FullName = "Your User Name"
OrgName = "Your Organization Name"
ComputerName = COMPUTER_NAME
TimeZone = "(GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana"
InstallDriver = 1
InfFile = ialmnt4.inf
InfOption = "Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller"
ConfigureAtLogon = 0
BitsPerPel = 16
XResolution = 640
YResolution = 480
VRefresh = 70
AutoConfirm = 1
Attend = yes
DetectAdapters = ""
InstallProtocols = ProtocolsSection
JoinDomain = Domain_To_Join
TC = TCParameters
DHCP = yes
This applies to: