The multi-monitor function is supported on most Intel® 82845G graphics controller-based systems using PCI video cards to support added monitors. With the latest Intel® Extreme Graphics drivers for the Intel 82845G graphics controller, the integrated video can be either the main or secondary display adapter. Multiple displays are not possible with the onboard display and an AGP add-in card because the AGP card disables the onboard graphics.
System requirements for multi-monitor:
Using multi-monitor with the Intel 82845G graphics controller:
- Integrated Intel 82845G graphics controller or add-on AGP graphics adapter (Intel 82845G only)
- PCI video card or cards supporting multi-monitor
- Two or more monitors
- Windows 98SE*/Me*/2000*/XP*
- Intel 82845G graphics controller-based motherboard supporting multi-monitor
- The latest Intel Extreme Graphics drivers for the Intel 82845G graphics controller
- Install the latest Intel Extreme Graphics drivers for the Intel 82845G graphics controller, or if an AGP graphics card is installed, make sure the latest drivers for that card are installed.
- Power OFF the computer and install the PCI video card.
||Opening the system case could void the warranty on some systems. Check with the system manufacturer before opening the system case.|
- Attach the second monitor to the PCI video card.
- Power ON the computer and install the drivers for the PCI video card. Check with the video card manufacturer for instructions on installing the drivers for the PCI video card.
- Restart the computer.
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Settings Tab and click the picture of monitor 2. Click Yes to enable the second monitor.
- Click Apply. The secondary monitor should now be enabled.
||To reverse the primary and secondary display adapters, enter the BIOS setup and look for a setting called Primary Video Adapter or similar setting. Set to PCI if the PCI video should be the main display or to Integrated or Onboard if the integrated video should be the main display.|
This applies to: