Multi-monitor is supported on most Intel® 815 chipset family-based systems using PCI video cards to support additional monitors. With the latest graphics drivers for the Intel 815 chipset family, the integrated video can be either the primary or the secondary display adapter.
System Requirements for Multi-monitor:
To use multi-monitor with the Intel 815 chipset family:
- Integrated graphics or an add on AGP graphics adapter can be used
- PCI video card(s) that support multi-monitor
- Two or more monitors
- Windows* XP, Windows* 98, Windows* Me, or Windows* 2000
- Intel 815 chipset family-based motherboard that supports multi-monitor
- The latest graphics drivers for the Intel 815 chipset family
To reverse the primary and secondary display adapters:
- Install the latest graphics drivers for the Intel 815 chipset or if an AGP graphics card is installed make sure the latest drivers for it are installed.
- Power off the computer and install the PCI video card.
Note: Opening the system case may void the warranty on some systems. Check with the system manufacturer before opening the system case.
- Attach the second monitor to the PCI video card.
- Power on the computer and install the drivers for the PCI video card. Check with the video card manufacturer for instructions on installing the drivers for the PCI video card.
- Restart the computer.
- Go into Start » Settings » Control Panel » Display » Settings and click on the picture of monitor 2, and then click on the Yes button to enable the second monitor.
- Click the Apply button. The secondary monitor should now be enabled.
- BIOS Method:
- Enter the BIOS setup and look for a setting called Init display first, primary video, or something similar.
- Set this to PCI, if the PCI video should be the primary display adapter.
Set it to AGP or Onboard, if the integrated video should be the primary display.
- Windows* Method (Windows XP or 2000 only):
- Go into Start » Settings » Control Panel » Display » Settings and click on the picture of monitor 2, and the click the checkbox labeled Use this device as the primary monitor.
- Click Apply. The secondary monitor should now be enabled.
This applies to: