Location of Driver: \NDIS\EPRO.OS2 (OS/2* driver)
\NDIS\EPRO.DOS (DOS driver)
\NDIS\OEMSETUP.INF (for LAN Server* 4.0 DOS client)
Sample Configuration Files
PROTOCOL.INI (will include):
DriverName = EPRO$
IOADDRESS = 0x300
General Installation under OS/2
General Installation under DOS for LAN Server 4.0
- Verify the I/O Address of the EtherExpress PRO/10 adapter by running
- This installation does not use OS/2 Extended Services. These steps
apply to both the file server and the workstation. After installing
OS/2, follow the steps below prior to installing LAN Server 3.0 or the
- Copy EPRO.OS2 and EPROEOS2.NIF from the EtherExpress PRO/10 LAN
adapter configuration and driver diskette to the C:\IBMCOM\MACS
- Install LAN Adapter and Protocol Support (LAPS) from an OS/2 window.
- After installing the software, select configure LAN transports. The
EtherExpress PRO/10 adapter will appear in the LAN Adapters window.
Select the necessary protocols and save the configuration.
- Exit LAPS, shutdown the system and reboot the computer. The complete
PROTOCOL.INI file will be created and put in the C:\IBMCOM directory.
The CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files will be updated.
General Installation under DOS for LAN Server 3.0
- Insert the LAN Server 4.0 DOS/Windows client disk 1 into drive A and
- Specify the directory you want to install the DOS LAN requester files
into, the default is C:\NET.
- From the Select Network Adapter menu, choose "Other Adapter". Insert
the PRO/10 adapter disk, and specify A:\NDIS.
Note: Installing under LAN Server 4.0, the program will prompt you to
select the adapter driver, then it will proceed to ask you to insert the
DOS LAN Requester 1 disk. Leave the driver disk in and hit <enter>. The
program will then copy the EPRO.DOS driver. Continue the
installation as directed.
- Enter in a unique Machine Name for your workstation.
- Enter in your User Name.
- Enter the Domain Name that your workstation is attached to.
- Specify which DOS LAN Services you want from the list:
Graphical User Interface: Install GUI
Peer Services: Install Peer Services
Windows Support: Install Windows Support
Protocol Driver: IBM NetBEUI
- Verify the listed options are correct, then press "ENTER" to
- Verify the adapter settings are correct, and press "ENTER" to
- Exit install and restart your computer by pressing "ENTER" after the
installation is complete
Note: LAN Requester needs DOS 3.3 through 5, but if you are on DOS
6.0 or above, SETVER can be used on the EXE files on the DOS LAN
- Run DXMAID from the IBM* OS/2 LAN Server v3.0 LAN Requester; LAN
Support Program (LSP).
- Complete environment information according to your needs.
- Specify directory where EPRO.DOS and EPROEDOS.NIF are located. See
driver location listing above for location on adapter disk
- When DXMAID is completed, run INSTALL from DOS LAN Requester
Hints and Tips
- Parameters for the PROTOCOL.INI file:
(required) If you have a single adapter, use the syntax in
the example above. If you are installing multiple adapters, each
adapter must have a unique driver name. Additional instances of the
driver would be referenced by DRIVERNAME=EPROx$, where "x" would be a
unique number 2...9.
(optional for single adapter systems - except when set to
certain addresses noted below) This value must match the adapter's I/O
address. If the driver does not find the adapter at the specified I/O
address, it will scan most of the I/O addresses that the adapter could
be at and will load if it finds the adapter. The only addresses the
driver doesn't scan are 2E0, 2F0 or 370. If you have used one of these
address, this parameter isn't optional. If you use multiple adapters in
one machine, make sure you specify the correct IOADDRESS for each board.
Otherwise, the driver will fail when loading on the second card.
If you want information on advanced PROTOCOL.INI parameters, refer to
the NDIS Driver Notes document; document 6341 on our automated services.
This applies to: