To do a silent installation for USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver in a computer with Intel® 7 Series Chipset Boards or Intel® C216 Chipset , follow the steps listed below:
- Copy and unzip the Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver.
- Open a Command Prompt, cmd.exe, with administrator rights, example: Run as Administrator. Click Yes in User Account Control pop-up window.
- Change the directory to where you unzipped the driver to in step one, and then change to Driver_Installer directory.
- To see all available options for the installer, run command Setup.exe?
- Run command Setup.exe -b -s to start the silent installation. This process should take about one minute to complete. When installation is complete, the computer automatically reboots.
- After the computer has rebooted, check the driver version.
Other silent installation examples are:
- Setup.exe -s -overwrite -report C:\Temp
- Setup.exe -s -g 0404
This applies to: