To capture Windows* Software Trace (WPP) log for USB 3.0 device under booting and S3-S5 operation, follow these steps:
- Go to the driver installed folder and folder \Debug_Scripts.
- Open readme.txt for instructions on how to use script files.
- Open Command Prompt with Run as Administrator privileges and go to folder location in step one.
- Run Autologger_configure.reg, this step configures Autologger values in registry, save file location and filename.
- Run Autologger_start.log, this step enables Autologger and starts capturing log.
- Reboot computer for settings to take effect.
- Connect your USB 3.0 device.
- Restart your computer.
- Run Autologger_stop.reg.
- Log file is saved as C:\IUSB3P.etl, these WPP log files are encoded and only Intel can decode.
This tool is more useful for troubleshooting USB 3.0 devices. For debugging an issue, use third-party tools.
This applies to: