To capture Windows* Software Trace (WPP) log for USB 3.0 device under S0 operation, follow the below steps:
- Go to the driver installed folder and folder \Debug_Scripts.
- Open readme.txt for instructions to use script files.
- Open Command Prompt with Run as Administrator privileges and go to folder location in step one.
- Run start_WPP_logman.bat temp, this creates temp.etl file and starts logging driver messages.
- Connect a USB 3.0 device, check enumeration in Device Manager and copy a file to device.
- Run Stop_WPP_logman.bat. These WPP log files are encoded and only Intel can decode.
Please contact Intel Customer Support if you are an end user and want to use this tool.
This applies to: