To capture Windows* Software Trace (WPP) log for USB 3.0 device under S0 operation, follow these steps:
- Go to the driver installed folder and folder \Debug_Scripts.
- Open readme.txt for instructions to use script files.
- Open Command Prompt with Run as Administrator privileges, and go to folder location in step one.
- Run start_WPP_logman.bat temp, this creates temp.etl file and starts logging driver messages.
- Connect a USB 3.0 device, check enumeration in Device Manager and copy a file to the device.
- Run Stop_WPP_logman.bat. These WPP log files are encoded and only Intel can decode.
This tool is more useful for troubleshooting USB 3.0 devices. For debugging an issue, use third-party tools.
This applies to: