Intel® Core™2 Quad Mobile Processors Mainstream multi-core performance
Intel® Core™2 Quad mobile processors for laptop PCs are designed to handle compute and visualization workloads, along with extending battery life for multitasking and multimedia on the go.
Providing bandwidth for multi-threaded applications, Intel Core 2 Quad processors are built on previous-generation 45nm Intel® Core™ microarchitecture enabling faster, cooler, and quieter mobile experiences.
Plus, with optional Intel® vPro™ technology you have the ability to remotely isolate, diagnose, and repair infected mobile workstations wirelessly and outside of the firewall, even if the PC is off or the OS is unresponsive.¹
Talk with the experts
Gain access, share ideas, and discuss hot industry topics with leaders in the IT community on Intel's Open Port.
Features and benefits
Whether you are encoding, rendering, editing, or streaming HD multimedia in the office or on the go, power your most demanding applications with laptops based on the Intel Core 2 Quad processor.
With previous-generation Intel Core 2 Quad mobile processors, you get these Intel® technologies built-in:
- Intel® Wide Dynamic Execution, enabling delivery of more instructions per clock cycle to improve execution time and energy efficiency
- Intel® Intelligent Power Capability, designed to deliver more energy-efficient performance
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT)², enabling greater security, manageability, and utilization
- Dual Intel® Dynamic Acceleration Technology, improving four-core performance by utilizing power headroom of idle cores to dynamically boost frequency of active cores
- Intel® Smart Memory Access, improving system performance by optimizing the use of the available data bandwidth
- Intel® Advanced Smart Cache, optimized for multi-core processors, providing a higher-performance, more efficient cache subsystem.
- Intel® Advanced Digital Media Boost, accelerating a broad range of applications along with Intel® HD Boost (Intel® HDB) utilizing new SSE4 instructions for even greater multimedia performance
Δ Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html/ for details.
¹ Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) requires the computer system to have an Intel® AMT-enabled chipset, network hardware and software, as well as connection with a power source and a corporate network connection. Setup requires configuration by the purchaser and may require scripting with the management console or further integration into existing security frameworks to enable certain functionality. It may also require modifications of implementation of new business processes. For more information, see www.intel.com/technology/vpro/index.htm.
² Up to 6M of Intel® Advanced Smart Cache per core pair.