- Embedded & Communications›
- Intel® I/O Processors›
- Intel® IOP 341 and Intel IOP 342›
Intel® IOP 341 and Intel IOP 342 With Intel XScale® microarchitecture
The next-generation Intel® I/O processor (Intel® IOP) 341 and Intel® I/O processor (Intel® IOP) 342 deliver full-function IOP-based RAID in a flexible, open architecture.
The Intel® IOP 342 is a high-performance I/O device incorporating two integrated, power-efficient Intel XScale® processors. The Intel IOP 342 divides the load between the two processors, ideal for situations that require a dedicated processor for separate applications or split functionality. This ability enables users to optimize and tailor different types of solutions for maximum performance. For example, RAID calculations or near real-time functionality can be dedicated to one processor, leaving the second processor to handle computing functions that have different performance requirements such as a user interface. Distributed processing of independent tasks greatly reduces the time and power required of each processor and customizes solutions for maximum processor utilization.
For more information, see the.
- One or two Intel XScale® processors with speeds up to 1.2 GHz
- 1 MB embedded SRAM on-chip
- PCI-X* and eight lane PCI-Express* interfaces
- High-performance IOP-based RAID 5 and RAID 6 hardware acceleration
- Pin compatibility with Intel® IOP348 I/O processor, Intel® IOC340 I/O Controller, Emulex IOP 504 I/O Processor*, Emulex IOP 502M I/O Processor*, and Emulex IOC 504 I/O Controller*
- Intel® Block Protection Technology delivering end-to-end data protection
- Multi-ported 400/533 MHz DDR2 memory controller supporting up to 4 GB of 64-bit ECC protected memory
- Three application DMA units with XOR, RAID 6 P+Q, and CRC32C
- Dual 128-bit/400 MHz internal buses, providing over 12 GB/s internal bandwidth
Intel® IOC340 I/O Controller Hub
Next generation of high performance, flexibility, power efficiency, and data protection.
back to top